Friday 10 October 2014

Sweats

Hi there everyone!

I've been sick for the last few days and have just been kind of lazy and physically exhausted from the poor sleep and coughing fits. I wasn't really thinking about much this week besides dressing comfortably. I decided it would be a great time to talk about sweatpants. 

Yes, sweatpants.

I've never been the person who would wear sweats often, even at home. I'd just throw on some pyjamas and hang out in those all day. My brother bought me a pair of sweats for my birthday a few years ago, they are so comfortable and cozy, and I love a pant with pockets. 

Why was I against sweatpants again?

Sweats are having a fashion moment these days, so you won't be limited to just wearing the shapeless pair with that suspicious stain on them (no judgments). They are cut a little closer to the leg to streamline the leg so you don't end up getting lost in a sea of fabric, warm, cozy, fluffy fabric.

I think I might just have to grab some tea in a tumbler and go buy some sweatpants. I've been thinking about it for a while and they are perfect for school. If you pick the right pieces and back it with confidence you can wear them almost anywhere else. I'm thinking the right combo would even make a pretty great holiday party outfit.

The key to wearing them is to keep everything else tailored. 

My ideal sweatpants outfit would be to keep them in greys, between a heather grey and coal, pair it with a bright satin or silk top to balance the texture and top it with a great fitting tailored blazer, and of course stilettos.

Or an alternate would be to pair a cropped sweater, maybe with a little embellishment for fun with a high-waisted pencil skirt over a button-down shirt, patterned tights and great pair of booties.

Of course because sweats are typically soft and heavy, they leave you with a lot of room to play around with texture. Maybe you might want to swap the blazer for a leather jacket? or maybe a wax coated skirt to add shine if embellished sweaters aren't for you.

If you're not comfortable wearing sweats like that maybe consider just replacing your cardigan or blazer with a cozy jersey knit topper over a crisp white button-down or a delicate shell to keep you warm while still playing with textures.

Also because they can be such neutral pieces, you can go nuts with your accessories. Yes, go put on that statement necklace! Cocktail ring? Go for it!
Here are some of my picks


Also available in a beautiful Olive colour.
Also available in Black but the print is lovely and not just for shirts.
Also comes in a gorgeous Peach tone.
Also available in Olive and Red.


With the temperature falling fast now is the perfect time to play with this trend. Would you wear them only for Netflix binges and long-haul travel or have I convinced you to wear this on a night out?

No comments:

Post a Comment